5/15/2009

Exams sit well with me.


Heh, so I'm doing my O'levels. My my, such a big boy, aren't you Shpow? And these exams so far aren't all that bad. Even Maltese. Heck, I'm imagining how they came about to designing the paper that will help the young Maltese flex and express their knowledge of their mother tongue accurately. They probably drew up a myriad of propositions to give to the Big Cheese so he can simply check and tick what he wants in there. In the comfort of his office, to simply choose a few exercise for 15-year-olds to work out.

"Oh, just put in EVERYTHING!"

And he wasn't freakin' kidding was he? I swear, we have so much to write in that exam compared to every other subject one would think MATSEC stood for "Maltese Assosciate of Traumatic and Sadistic Exams for Children". In fact, I'm pretty sure it does stand for that. I think, in tomorrow's exam, I'll be writing as much as I did in English, Maths and Physics COMBINED. And I swear if it's a hard paper, I'll be waltzing down to MATSEC for a little chat. My words will be a sword and their blood my punctuation. 

Below: representation of how the possible conversation would ensue.

Oh',hello';.'really'!Nice';';'',.Paper''''''''''''...,,,,,,,,," " - - ;??Bye??????????!!!!!!''!!'!!!'''!!!

Yeah, and I'm paraphrasing.


So, in other news, I have gotten into the Webcomic Questionable Content. Oh addiction, I've returned to your sweet embrace! Pity I happened to have this delivered two weeks before any addictions can be permitted. Must be a sign (read: bad omen). 

Today I felt ever so peckish, for something creamy and sugary. So I tried this Sicilian bakery a block away. Great guy, clean shop, good dessert.
Pity he didn't speak a damned word of English. I may be asking much of a man who named his shop "La Siciliana", and I'm not saying he should speak English. That would be stupid.

But at least give the NAMES of the damned desserts. A little, humble label. I had to point at what I wanted and say how many I wanted in Italian. I haven't pointed at something I liked for YEARS, and that little chain of 'not-pointing-for-delicious-things-I-want' has been broken. 

But otherwise, delicious food man. Kudos.

Well, I'd write more but I'm going to go continue studying.

What?


Oh shut up.

*waves to Achie*
*waves to Simon*

1 comment:

Rachel said...

*pats on the back* nice post (:

*smiles and waves back*