6/05/2008

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...


So, a week ago, a friend and I went to the cinema to watch a film. There was a film which caught my eye due to it's rating (14). Mainly, it caught my eye because it's a weird rating that's seldom seen. I'm very unsure as to what's caused this, perhaps the way the film seems to really captivate you? I seriously saw nothing that needed it to be rated above 12.

Well, regardless, we watched the film and I'm pretty damned glad we did.

It's got a very good progression of character, presentation of story and a great use of foreshadowing. The beginning characters started out to be rather cliché, stereotyped and relatable, but I guess that helped contrast how their character changes.

The script was very well written and the casting was great. Although I can't help but think that Kate Bosworth seemed too mature looking (Don't get me wrong, she was, nonetheless, attractive), sometimes look less like a young college girl and more like a 30-year-old colleague from the office. On the other hand I guess it makes sense for she holds the 'Mature-minded' part of her character above the "cute crush" aspect. 

Sometimes the film had a habit of making you feel like you were watching a car drive 180 mph into your family, orphanage and Kate Beckinsale in slow-motion, putting you through a bit of frustration and pain. That's a point for immersion, and a point for making me face palm.

To conclude, seeing how the film ends, wrapping it all up and putting a cheeky smirk on your face while you walk out of the cinema was really worth it.


Too long; don't read: WATCH THE FILM; TARD.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fish-shaped butts! imagine that