7/22/2008

Hancock


Heh, when I went to see 21, one of the previews was that which was named Hancock. After repressing adolescent giggles at the title, curiosity took ahold of my sense of judgement. The advertising was good because it showed a lot of good things in the film.

Hancock is a movie that isn't a masterpiece nor a mediocre film. It's a film that aims for something new and revolutionary in superhero films, but in the end it just felt like a very detailed epilogue. I felt that after the film, I was content with the film and its presentation, but it was a little too vague as far as all the characters go. I guess it's a good thing because it didn't come off as too strong, but it was a little calm for any superhero lovers.

Yeah, having a new superhero is fresh but after the initial ass-kicking festival it melted down to an average story with a nice little twist. Alas that's it, bar the twist the story itself was too dragged out. 

The action sequences are nice and nearly invoked a little bit of envy when the piss-drunk, flying Will Smith busting out sarcastic remarks to the general cholesterol-soaked americans of LA.


Not much else to write I guess, I'll give you a number for your satisfaction. 8/10.

No comments: